Skip to main content

Topic Research

The Story of Beowulf

The Story of Beowulf is one of the topics I am interested in writing about. I read it in high school and we also watched the animated film. I enjoy reading it and I think I could do something with it that I could be proud of. I would be interested in retelling the story in the eyes of the monsters, Grendel or his mother.

Through the Looking Glass

Through the Looking Glass is another topic I would be interested in covering for one of my options. I think that I want to somehow make it into a horror story, which could possibly be a stretch, but it would be fun to write. I have read the children's version of the story. I have also seen multiple movies that retell the story in a different way. 

Nursery Rhymes

Nursery Rhymes interest me because I was told them growing up. I have seen a few different stories based on the rhymes, but I would like to go a different direction. I would like to tie in all of the stories and characters in a more current setting. I want to learn about my own creativity and how this part of the project can test it. 

Brothers Grimm

Brothers Grimm is an easy choice for me. I have always heard these stories and the dark turn that most of them take. I have not quite chosen which specific story I would like to retell, but I want to put my own twist on the story. I might possibly tie it into another story or maybe one of the nursery rhymes. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Tales from the Myth Comments
My name is Tabitha Carroll. I normally go by Tabi. My major is now marketing. I switched majors this semester from accounting. I have an associates degree in accounting, Spanish, and psychology. I would say that the most interesting thing about my major is that I get to study people and their behaviors. I have always been somewhat of a people watcher, not in a creepy way, but just fascinated by interactions some people have. I have learned quite a bit about people by doing it. I would have to say that this class last semester was my favorite. I did not get to finish due to a close family member passing away, but I enjoyed what I was able to do. I worked the majority of my break at O’Connell’s, where I still work now, so I did not get to do much over the break. IZombie, Supernatural, Dexter, The Punisher, and This is Us are just a few of my favorite TV shows. Sleeping with Other People is the best movie I have seen recently. I would not judge the movie by its name. It is actually roman

Week 11 Story: Dude's Bowling Ball

Dude "Well, that's just your opinion, man," replied Dude to Jesus.  Jesus was Dude's arch-nemesis. Jesus never believed in Dude's crazy outlandish ideas. Dude was an open-minded individual, who believed that anything was possible, and Jesus could not stretch his imagination that far. Jesus said, "There is no way that your bowling ball can fall through the sky and into that lava mountain or whatever you call it." Dude retorted, "It's a volcano, bro, and I can make it." Dude and Jesus lived among the clouds and this world is all they have known because for as long as they can remember, the sky people have been scared of the volcano land down below. Dude was different and he believed in magic and bowling. He thought that his bowling ball had magic powers. Walter, his friend, always had Dude's back and let's just say he was the muscle of the two knuckleheads. Walter had a little bit of a temper, so when